Monday, December 7, 2009
Tempeh Goreng and Sambal Terong (Eggplant with mild chili sauce)
Tempeh Goreng (Fried Fermented Soybeans)
By: Lorena Uriarte
3 Garlic cloves
½ teaspoon Coriander, ground
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
1 tablespoon Water
250 grams Tempeh, cut into 1cm slices, scored with a fork
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
1. Pound spices, salt and garlic together, mix with the water.
2. Rub this marinade over the tempeh slices and leave them to dry min. 20 mins.
3. Deep fry slices till brown, drain and reserve.
Sambal Terong (Eggplant with mild chili sauce)
2 Japanese eggplant (long thin ones) cut lengthways and into thirds
1 tablespoon Oil
¼ cup Sambal Balado or Sambal Oelek
1. Place eggplants on a baking tray and brush lightly with oil.
2. Bake at 180C till slightly softened
3. Top with sambal paste and return to oven till warmed through.